Saturday, February 20, 2010

a breakdown of love

On thursday a grade 9 girl told me that I need to get a boyfriend "what's wrong with you?", she pleaded, "you need to get back in the game".
It's because of this that I'm going to write a book because theirs is a generation of divorced parents and getting to know someone through a conversation on mxit.
I'm going to write a book because their generation needs to grasp the fact that love is 3 minutes and 43 seconds into coldplays "scientist". Love is corinthians 13:4. Love is Shakespeares sonnet number 116, ee cummings "I carry your heart" and W.H Audens "funeral blues". Love is a leap of faith.love is humming a song in a ear while dancing.love is 50 red roses on your 50th wedding anniversary. Love is old people holding hands.
Love is so much more than any of this.
Love is not your surfer boyfriend named cameron, grade 9 girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment