Monday, October 18, 2010

peace train

I'm getting older. In the grand scheme of things I'm actually not even that old but I'm starting to feel a little older. Its a strange feeling for me and it has left me a little uneasy. So I started writing down all my childhood memories the way I remember them so I can look at age in a different way. View it as a life story rather than worrying about it rushing by me. Concentrate more on the things I have experienced rather than the things I haven't.

One memory is stuck in my mind: I was 9 and we lived on the waters edge in marina da gama.I paddled out onto the water on my dad's old longboard and I stopped. I stood up on the board and let the slight wind push me along as I belted out the song "peace train" on the top of my lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment